Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Penang Children Libray





Since January 2011, I explored a children public library at Scotland Road, Penang. Instead of buying new books, we borrow books for our girl from the library every two weeks. Although the variety not as much as bookstore, but I feel that are sufficient!


I had a great experience during my first visit, the library staff at the counter are so friendly and helpful. They explained all the membership terms and conditions to me and even help to find some baby books for me.


My girl also likes to play at the toy library because of the variety of toys, such as costumes play, kitchen play, puzzles, wooden toys, basket ball, hand puppets, and many other educational toys. The best thing is there are many kids to play with her too!


Others facilities:
1. Phone Call Book Renewal
2. Return book at the Letter Box (Return book any time you like, when the library is closed)
3. Toy Library (Additional fee: RM 12/year)
4. Multimedia Corner (Additional charge)


Membership Fees:
Children: RM 1/year
Adult : RM 2/year



Maximum 4 books, 1 Magazine, 1 CD/visit

Duration: 2 weeks



Library Opening Hours:


Wednesday - Sunday 9.45am -6.00pm
Closed on Monday, Tuesday and Public Holidays




Toy Library Opening Hours:


Wednesdays to Fridays 2pm-5.30pm
Saturdays and Sundays 10am to 5.30pm
(Lunch break 1pm-2.30pm)
Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays andPublic Holidays




Penang Children's Library
11, Scotland Road
10450 Penang.
Tel: 04-228 7010
Website: http://www.penanglib.gov.my/


No comments:

Post a Comment